Project Manager - Construction
Rockville, MD 20852 US
- Create schedule & work with foreman to find most effective methodology and lead bid process
- Manage assistant PM and drive process in getting subcontractor cost estimates and buying-down subcontractor scopes to support bid process
- Lead work on sourcing/organizing information for project submittals
- Manage project budgets and schedule performance
- Manage change-order process
- Support business development in conducting site visits and go / no-go bid process
- Work with Bid Manager on project components
- Drive processes with Field Manager during project
- Lead project safety
- Morning safety tailgate meetings and review risks of daily activities
- Order equipment and materials according to schedule/project plan
- Identify schedule bottlenecks and/or change-order conditions
- Manage subcontractors and invoicing for budget oversight
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1, 000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
- A/BS in Construction Management, Environmental Science, Engineering, Geology, or other related field.
- OSHA HAZWOPER certification.
- 7+ years of related experience with successful development and management of construction projects, supervising staff, demonstrated achievements in selling stormwater and other environmental consulting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with Deltek Vision is highly desired.
- Valid driver's license, good driving history and reliable transportation are required.
- Thorough understanding of safe work practices in accordance with OSHA regulations
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.