Project Manager - NEPA
9785 Maroon Cir #400 Centennial, CO 80112 US
The Project Manager will work within our Environmental Services Global Practice to perform the following duties:
- Project management, team leadership, management & mentoring of junior staff.
- Preparing routing and siting studies and evaluations, NEPA documentation, and Federal and state documentation for all types and sizes of environmental projects.
- Business development and networking.
- Assisting with and leading proposal and cost estimating efforts for environmental and siting projects.
- Regularly interface with various agencies, clients, and team members.
- Executing project tasks, managing project budgets and forecasts, and delivering client satisfaction.
- Demonstrating creativity, foresight and mature judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Developing, cultivating, and strengthening relationships with clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have experience in the following areas and with the regulatory requirements and processes of the following agencies:
- National Environmental Policy Act
- State and Local Environmental and Land Use Permitting
- Energy Facility Siting and Licensing
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- National Marine Fisheries Service
- U.S. Forest Service
- State Wildlife Agencies
- Federal and state historic preservation agencies
- Specific experience in electricity transmission, oil & gas, renewables, and other similar markets is preferred.
- Experience with the resources and regulatory agencies in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain West is a requirement. Local, regional, and national knowledge and relationships with own existing clients is preferred.
- B.S. or M.S. in environmental sciences, natural sciences, planning or related degree from an accredited program.
- Applicable years of experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Minimum 7 years of related consulting experience in a wide variety of areas ranging from leading and managing technical teams, project management and business development (including 7 or more years managing engineering or environmental projects) and must also be able to effectively balance their direct and indirect utilization rates. 10 years of related experience preferred.
- Local, regional, and national knowledge and relationships with own existing clients are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated technical competence and project experience in natural, cultural, or socioeconomic resource fields applicable to industrial (primarily conventional or renewable energy generation/transmission) siting and licensing and environmental permitting projects.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government, and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to attract and retain clients and build a backlog, revenue, profit, direct labor, and return on investment (ROI) over time.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required to develop and maintain relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working understanding of GIS.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong experience working with both private and public-sector clients.
- Client relationship development experience is a plus.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.