Project Manager - Transmission & Distribution
2410 Aztec Rd Los Ranchos De Albuquerque, NM 87107 US
- The Project Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing others for all aspects of the transmission line project lifecycle process, including project initiation, engineering, material procurement, construction, commissioning, and closeout.
- Lines will range from 12.4 kv to 345 kv and require a driven and technically sound project manger to take these projects from initiation to close out.
- This position is responsible for the creation and management of the project scope, project schedule, project budget, project resources including clients third party vendors, contractors, customers, and local agencies.
- Responsible for the overall successful delivery of project scope, budget, and schedule.
- Manage and leads the project team and the project management process. Comfortable working in obscure environments that require the Project Manager to critically think on their feet.
- Identify and mitigate project risk, issues and coordinate and manage obstacles for the project team members and stakeholders.
- Responsible for compliance with regulatory, customer and stakeholder functional procedures during all project phases and accountable for the metric tracking of project through the different stages of the project.
- Responsible for coordinating project permitting, community outreach, and environmental compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel to and from respective job sites and project meetings is expected to be about 10-20%.
- Bachelor' s degree in engineering or related field from an accredited curriculum.
- Minimum 5 years related experience, including 2 or more years managing transmission line projects.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government, and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred but not required.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.