Project Manager - Transportation
St. Louis, MO 63141 US
Our client is currently seeking a motivated self-starting Project Manager to support their Transportation business in their St. Louis, MO office. The Project Manager will be accountable for developing and leading highway projects of varying complexity for the Transportation/Highway Design discipline. In addition, the Project Manager is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with government and private sector business partners, including MoDOT and county-level clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Project Management Duties
- Prepares scopes of services, detailed project budget, and contract.
- Is responsible for completing each project or assigned task on time and on budget. Regularly monitors project schedules and budgets throughout the project life. Responsible for leading formal Project Reviews for projects.
- Assigns and manages tasks, schedules, and budgets to project team members (including any sub-contractors). Coordinates project scheduling and conducts “kick-off” and interim project status meeting with the project team.
- Provides feedback and mentorship of the performance of project team members through completion of Project Staff Reviews.
- Ensures the accuracy of completed tasks through the use of established Client QA/QC processes established for each project.
- Monitors and pro-actively identifies or corrects technical, schedule or financial issues through effective communication with staff.
- Assists the Client in bidding or contractor selection.
- Monitor’s construction and supervises field personnel assigned to a task, data collection or a specific project.
- Actively manages all aspects of construction administration of projects.
- Responsible for coordinating the timely invoicing and collection of fees.
- Revenue managed goals may be established based on experience.
Technical Project Delivery
- Uses professional judgment to independently complete engineering tasks within federal, state and local established criteria.
- Technically responsible for major design tasks that meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Signs and seals engineering documents as an authorized representative of the company.
- Independently communicates on technical matters with the client.
- Cross markets other firm services as appropriate to clients. Participates in professional society activities related to water and wastewater professionals.
- Provides input into the creation of marketing plans, and maintains regular and accurate record of marketing activities with individual clients.
- Identifies project opportunities and provides input to the Go/No Go decision. Participates in the preparation of engineering services proposals, including the interviews, calculation/estimation of time schedules, and costs of the proposed work.
- Sales goals may be established based on experience.
Education and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or similar.
- Must have 10+ or more years of relevant transportation projects
- Must possess a current, valid Professional Engineer (P.E.) license and have the ability to obtain licensure in one or more other states in which Our Client conducts business.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.