Project Manager- Utility Civil Construction
6621 Wilbanks Rd Knoxville, TN 37912-1314 US
Provide overall administrative and technical management on construction project site from bid preparation through final acceptance by client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Monitor/control construction through communication with of on-site superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings; assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project.
- Prepare complete estimate for selected project with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, takeoff information, contracting and the like.
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, AE representatives, other contractors, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.).
- Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required. Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
May directly supervise up to 20 supervisors with crews of 200.
Knowledge of construction, design, finance and management. Ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance. Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards and activities.
Education and Experience:
- Four year Civil Engineering or Environmental degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Minimum of three years construction management, estimating, and/or craft supervision experience in similar facility construction.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations; engineering, estimating, schedules and safety required.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.