Project Manager 1
Charlotte, NC 28202 US
- This position will be under the general direction of Director of Project Development.
- The Project Manager position is responsible for the management, or the assistance of managing, all phases of project planning to ensure all project success factors are met, including but not limited to scope, schedule, cost, quality, environmental, safety, communications, security, and integration. This position will be assigned to transmission projects associated with Integrated Volt/Var Control implementation at Distribution voltages withing Transmission-to-Distribution Substations.
- In aggregate, these projects are high volume, each project typically less than $500k, with a Low to Moderate level of complexity impacting only the facility or department level within the Company.
- The PM serves as the unifying agent providing leadership, management, direction, coordination, and control of the overall project in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements of The Company.
- A strong Protection and Controls, Substation, and/or SCADA background is a plus.
- This position is typically retained to manage multiple White or Green I projects per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience.
- Graduation from a two-year college or university.
- Working knowledge of project management principles.
- Working Knowledge to Proficiency in Project Management, Decision Making, Critical Thinking, and Problem Solving; Project related work experience; Risk Management; Project Leadership; Proven Collaborative Team Member.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university.
- Utility Technical Certifications/Training; PMI (PMP or CAPM) Certification; CMII certificates; Professional Engineer License.
- Working knowledge to proficiency in project related Scheduling/ Cost Controls. Experience in utility industry. Knowledge in construction management.
- The Project Manager I may have relationships with individuals in various organizations ranging from individual contributors to Senior Department Leadership (i.e. individual contributors up to executive management).
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.