Project Manager 2
9700 David Taylor Boulevard Charlotte, NC 28262 US
- This position will manage the delivery of strategic telecommunications projects partnered with our Transmission business partner to replace legacy End of Life telecommunications equipment.
- The role requires project management skills, as well as coordination and collaboration with business partner projects and processes, to enable the team to drive through work within an agile framework for execution.
- This position has single point accountability or can possibly be under the general direction of a Sr. Project Director or Project Director.
- The Project Manager II (PM-II) position is responsible for the management, or the assistance of managing, all phases of project planning and execution to ensure all project success factors are met, including but not limited to scope, schedule, cost, quality, environmental, safety, communications, security, and integration.
- This position typically is assigned to multiple Green I or Green II projects per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix.
- These projects are typically between $5M and $50M with a Low to Moderate level of complexity which may impact the facility or department level within the Company as well as some Senior Management and/or External Agencies. The PM-II serves as the unifying agent providing leadership, management, direction, coordination, and control of the overall project in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements of The Company. This position is considered a leadership position; minimum qualifications must be met to be placed within this position. Progression to this level is typically restricted based on business need.
- This position is considered a leadership position; minimum qualifications must be met to be placed within this position. Progression to this level is typically restricted based on business need.
- Create / Staff / Lead Project Team.
- Provide leadership, oversight management, delegation, and coordination to the various internal and external organizations that are providing services to the project (development, engineering, project controls, estimating, construction management, supply chain, legal, EHS, QA/QC, operations, communications, regulatory, security, fuels, transmission, etc.).
- The PM manages all matrixed members of the team on a daily basis and is responsible for interfacing with functional managers of team members, regarding placement, development and conflict resolution.
- Establish and maintain communications among all project and program stakeholders
- Structure, lead, and/or assist in leading all project-related meetings and reports required to ensure open communication between all team members, key stakeholders, and management (monthly project reviews, kick-off meetings, weekly reports, monthly reports, etc.) and to properly report project status.
- Assure that Project Plan, all appropriate reports and reporting means are developed and managed according to PMCoE Standards. Present reports to appropriate management / governance team skillfully. .
- Plan (or assist in planning) the project (s) assigned to, including scope, schedule, cost, safety, and quality aspect of the project.
- Drive the process of project planning including scope definition, estimating, schedule formation and monitoring, cost control measures, procurement/contracting strategies, equipment selection, vendor selection, start-up and commissioning plans, and integration processes.
- This includes project planning and execution activities like scope definition, detailed design, construction, start-up and commissioning, turnover to operations, and warranty management.
- Execute projects according to Plan within designed scope, cost and schedule limits.
- Includes objectives, stakeholders, scope, roles and responsibilities, assumptions and constraints, deliverables, WBS, schedule, external communication, regulatory strategy, procurement strategy, contractor and supplier strategy, resource plan, budget, lessons learned, risk plan, quality plan, safety plan, environmental plan, security plan, integration plan, data management plan, communications and reporting plan, change management, and project close out.
- 4-year degree
- 9+ years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of prior work experience in addition to a degree
- Proficient to Experience in Project Management, decision making, critical thinking, and problem solving; Project related work experience; Risk Management; Project Leadership; Strong Collaboration and Oversight
- Masters (MBA) in business, project management, or equivalent
- PMI (PMP) or CAPM Certification; Utility Technical Certifications / Training, CMII/Constructions; Professional Engineer License
- Utility experience, Construction Management knowledge, Proficient to Expertise in project related scheduling, cost controls
- Vendor Management against Statement of Work
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Transmission or Distribution business engagement
- Experience with end of life Optical replacements, SEL ICON technology, SCADA devices, protection and controls
- Experience with deployment of site transport devices across a region.
- Experience with deployment of replacements for legacy technology
- Agile experience as team member or as project manager managing across Agile teams
- Cellular Modem replacement requires coordination across 21 business groups and varied procurement and work management processes leveraged by each.
- The project manager will work with technical staff to provide business teams with support for their replacements.
- Project Manager must also track installations and manage financials (including estimation, monitor & analyze actuals, update forecasted spend) based on business input and standard estimating factors.
- Project manager will facilitate issue resolution and provide clear and concise reporting.
- Successful candidate will be able to communicate clearly (written & verbal), own follow-up for actions, and analyze data.
- GridWan Core; Cellular WAN Services Redesign
- CIOPS Datacenter EOL Replacement & Expansion DEC, DEF, DEP
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.