Project Manager 2
411 Fayetteville Street Raleigh, NC 27601 US
- This position will be supporting Substation Optimization projects in the Carolinas East (Triangle South zone). Substation Optimization enables our client to build a better energy future for our customers by making smart investments to strengthen the distribution electrical grid.
- The company is a leader in building a carbon free future having announced zero net carbon emissions by 2050.
- The grid is a vital part of this, providing the platform to deliver and operate in the cleaner, greener, carbon free future.
- Provide leadership, oversight management, delegation, and coordination to the various internal and external organizations that are providing services to the project (development, engineering, project controls, estimating, construction management, supply chain, legal, EHS, QA/QC, operations, communications, regulatory, security, fuels, transmission, etc.).
- The PM manages all matrixed members of the team on a daily basis and is responsible for interfacing with functional managers of team members, regarding placement, development and conflict resolution.
- Structure, lead, and/or assist in leading all project related meetings and reports required to ensure open communication between all team members, key stakeholders, and management ( monthly project reviews, kickoff meetings, weekly reports, monthly reports, etc.) and to properly report project status.
- Assure that Project Plan, all appropriate reports and reporting means are developed and managed according to PMCoE Standards.
- Present reports to appropriate management / governance team skillfully.
- Minimum of 9 years of project management experience.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university.
- Proficient in project management principles.
- Masters - business (MBA), project management, or equivalent.
- Utility Technical Certifications/Training; PMP or CAPM Certification; CMII/Construction Certifications; Professional Engineer License. Working knowledge to proficiency in project related Scheduling/ Cost Controls.
- Experience in utility industry. Knowledge in construction management.
- The Project Manager II may have relationships with individuals in various organizations ranging from individual contributors to Senior Department Leadership (i.e. individual contributors up to executive management).
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.