Project Manager II
411 Fayetteville Street Raleigh, NC 27601 US
Notes on skillsets:
- candidates should have previous PM experience. NOT an IT PM. This will not be a fit.
- PMP would be a big plus. (PMP desired over a PE)
- experience working in a matrixed organization in a PM role
- strong verbal and written skills
- ideally they will have transmission experience
- looking for candidates with longevity in their roles- not looking for someone who has done a lot of job hopping. expectation is that this role will extend if skillset is a fit.
- The selected candidate will lead cross functional project teams for the purpose of executing the requested project scope within the defined schedule and cost. Incumbents are expected to ensure compliance with PMCoE standards, corporate policies, regulatory requirements, environmental and safety standards/policies, and manage the expectations of customers, both internal and external to the organization. Incumbents are expected to possess advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently, with guidance limited to unusual or complex projects or issues. They are fully competent in use of project management concepts and procedures. They identify problems, develop solutions, and take actions to resolve issues.
- Lead Project Teams. Provide leadership, oversight management, delegation, and coordination to the various internal and external team members and organizations that are providing services to the project (development, engineering, project controls, estimating, construction management, supply chain, legal, EHS, QA/QC, operations, communications, regulatory, security, fuels, transmission, etc.). The PM manages all matrixed members of the team daily and is responsible for interfacing with functional managers of team members, regarding placement, development and conflict resolution.
- Establish and maintain communications among all project/programs stakeholders. Structure and lead project development related activities and ensure open communication between all team members, key stakeholders, and management (monthly project reviews, project turnover meetings, weekly reports, monthly reports, etc.) and to properly report project status. Assure that Project Plan, all appropriate reports, and reporting means are developed and managed according to PMCoE Standards. Present reports to appropriate management / governance team skillfully.
- Bachelors Degree AND 5 years minimum required related experience In Lieu of Degree, High School / GED AND 9 years minimum required related experience
- Masters - business (MBA), project management, or equivalent PMP Certification Professional Engineer License Working knowledge to proficiency in project related Scheduling/ Cost Controls Experience in utility industry Knowledge/experience in construction management
- Primarily Office Environment with regular field visits to project work locations, including but not limited to both Substation sites and Line ROW.
Mobility Classification -
- Hybrid with 2-3 days per week in office
Job specific knowledge, skills, or abilities
- Proficiency to Expertise in Project Management, Project Controls, Decision Making, Critical Thinking, and Problem Solving; Project related work experience; Risk Management; Project Leadership; Strong Collaboration; Oversight; Transmission Utility Experience; Construction Management
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.