105 Impact Boulevard Elizabeth City, NC 27909 US
Education Requirement: Associates Degree or high school diploma + 2 years project management experience, ideally in a utility or construction
The Distribution Project Specialist (DPS) manages and executes multiple simultaneous natural gas distribution projects and determines the best course of action based on sound feasibility analysis or business needs, including government relocation and replacement projects. The position is responsible for the full lifecycle of project management until the customer is provided natural gas service, including developing detailed and accurate project cost estimates, operational planning, permitting, as-builting, and leadership of construction activities with both other internal teams (sales, System Planning, Engineering, TFO, CFO, Supply Chain, and Major Projects) and the distribution alliance contractors. This role ensures distribution projects and associated documentation are completed on time, in alignment with policies and procedures, and within budget.
- Plan and manage all aspects of the distribution construction projects (estimation, route selection, pipeline design, surveying, permitting, land acquisition, field inspection, and commissioning), including liaising with internal and external stakeholders where needed. This role includes service line installations, commercial services, main extensions, and standard Government Relocation projects.
- May assist with pre-construction activities for multiple projects to include planning and routing of proposed pipelines along with property owner identification and notification, when necessary.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for short term and long-term planning. Conduct trend and reporting analysis of projects costs and develop quality standard costs.
Relative to the job this contractor will be performing, please answer the below questions:
1. Will this worker be performing any physical labor? Will require job site visits, including walking on potentially uneven ground
2. Will this worker be required to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)? Yes 3. If so, what kind? Safety glasses, gloves, reinforced toe boots, safety vest, hard hat
4. Will this worker work in the field, plant, lab or office environment? Office and field
5. Will this worker encounter any hazardous work conditions? If so, please explain. Will require job site visits, including walking on potentially uneven ground
6. Will this worker be required to drive as part of their duties? If so, what is the radius of the miles driven on average? Yes - typically between 10-100 miles/day
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.