80 Pine Street New York, NY 10005 US
Summary of Position:
The Project Manager is the central point of contact for projects and manages the overall project performance for multiple projects simultaneously by organizing and managing information from outside sources (clients, Architects, contractors, CM/GC’s etc.) and the internal project teams. The PM is adaptive to an ever-changing environment. This position oversees the projects from the conceptual stage through construction administration. This position is responsible for client, project and financial success.
- Partners with JBB Project team to understand the project design concepts.
- Creates project schedules and ensure deadlines are met.
- Negotiates fees for services, determines client schedules and works within set budgets.
- Prepares proposals and additional service letters.
- Leads the project team and synchronizes activities with external consultants proactively.
- Communicates and coordinates project requirements with the project team and consultants.
- Coordinates with the project technical lead to facilitate quality control, design detailing.
- Facilities regulatory agencies reviews and approvals.
- Ensures positive relationship with clients, consultants and contractors resulting in additional business or referred work
- Ensures positive relationships with the JBB team members.
- Organizes and leads internal kickoff meetings and weekly meetings.
- Point of contact for each project.
- Knowledge of the AEC industry with direct experience with design professional roles and responsibilities.
- General knowledge of building and architectural systems, codes, and regulations.
- Proven ability to write and negotiate contracts for services, consultants, and contractors.
- Proven organizational, planning and project financial tracking skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with managing mid-to-large size architectural or engineering projects
- Licensed Architecture preferred, but not required
- AIA, NCARB, LEED AP, CSI certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Project, Deltek
- Strong leadership skills - ability to manage teams effectively in a collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written.)
- Highly organized, detail-driven and conscientious
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.