Project Manager/Waste Manager
2150 N 470 East Tooele, UT 84074 US
- Project manager/Waste Manager overseas The Total Waste and Resource Management Programs at client locations.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner.
- Oversees waste activities at a group of generating locations.
- Is the main contact for waste management/minimization issues.
- Generates waste labels and assures containers are properly marked and labeled.
- Manages all aspects of shipments of waste off the respective sites.
- Ensures all waste collected is stored and disposed of in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Ensures no waste is stored beyond 90 days.
- Performs daily inspections of 90-day storage areas and 90-day pads when visiting the site.
- Creates profiles for new wastes.
- Creates associated manifests and LDRs for waste shipments.
- Reviews facility waste receiving reports to identify potential issues.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s in chemistry, biology, or environmental science preferred;
- 2+ years of hazardous waste experience;
- Familiarity with regulatory state requirements of Small and Large Quantity Generators.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.