Purchasing Associate III
13200 Fountain Head Plz Hagerstown, MD 21742 US
Hiring team is looking for:
- Individuals that are savy (intermediate / advanced) in excel
- Tech Savy, ability and willingness to learn and explore new systems.
The Senior Purchasing Coordinator role supports the purchasing department. The typical role is responsible for daily coordination of purchase transaction activities that help ensure goods and services are procured in support of business operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Process purchase order defers, expedites, cancellations.
- Develop and run reports for unacknowledged orders and past due order management.
- Review supplier portal and update/change purchase order data/information as required.
- Run reports for purchase order activities and communicate with internal team and stakeholders.
- Review and coordinate daily supply chain email communications.
- Improve and drive compliance with advanced shipping notification process.
- Monitor and update ERP system with purchase order information.
- Coordinate with materials to disposition supplier receiving issues and supplier returns.
- Support supplier alignment and supply chain optimization projects. advanced shipping notification process.
- Associate degree in Business, Purchasing, Supply Chain, or a related field.
- One (1) year of relevant experience. Proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Purchasing experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
- Experience with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.