QA Specialist II
3400 Benning Road, N.E. Washington, DC 20019 US
Performs quality audits of projects associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of electric distribution facilities/systems. Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Operates independently and seeks guidance when appropriate. Additionally, provides technical expertise to strategic, legislative, and operational decisions. Participates in creating, updating, and applying internal/industry standards and technology in a specialized area of expertise. Trains and provides mentoring to others.
- Influences project decisions having a moderate impact on the company that may include leading employees or contractors in the commissioning of electrical systems and equipment to be placed On System.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Performs quality reviews of engineering design drawings to ensure that all required standards are met, to include PHI and applicable industry standards for overhead and underground construction, state and local jurisdictional permit requirements and rights of way requirements.
- Performs reviews of one-line schematics to ensure that proposed circuit configurations meet system design requirements.
- Reviews work order attributes to ensure that projects are setup correctly meeting all financial and accounting requirements.
- Reviews customer cost calculations to ensure that local tariffs have been applied appropriately.
- Reviews related load calculations, electrical analysis, and short circuit calculations to ensure that cables, transformers, and related items have been sized properly.
- Performs reconciliation and reviews of GIS and OMS to ensure that all maps have been updated properly.
- May participate in field/site walkdowns, attend meetings/conference calls, provide budget recommendations, and monitor performance for the accomplishment of committed results.
- Performs assignments while acting independently.
- Acts as an expert witness or provide expert opinions as required.
- Provides recommendations to management and implements action plans to improve system performance and cost effectiveness.
- Provides detailed technical training, mentorship, peer review, and/or guidance to others.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering & 5+ years of related experience
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles, and practices.
- Knowledge of construction standards and practices
- Broad knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes methods, practices, and advanced engineering principles necessary to perform very complex or unique assignments for a specific discipline, various installations, or services.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. ?
- Experience performing QA/QC for utility design projects.
- Six or more years of professional engineering experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.