QC Inspector I
Kennett Sq, PA 19348 US
- A QC Inspector must possess good interpersonal skills and willingness to learn.
- A QC Inspector is an individual who observes, monitors, and documents the execution of construction work performed in the field by utility and contractors crews.
- A QC Inspector primarily performs quality inspections on work currently being performed or work that has been recently completed, utilizing established checklists.
- A QC Inspector will also perform and document field safety audits, utilizing the utility Safety Website.
- Work Experience - Candidates for the Overhead QC Inspector positions:
- Shall have utility overhead experience.
- Past QC Inspector experience is preferred.
- Nuclear QC Inspector background would be viewed favorable.
- Candidates for the Overhead QC Inspector positions will have to successfully complete and/or demonstrate knowledge of: utility QC Inspector Qualification Training, Proficiency using the utility Standards (C-Specs), Proficiency using utility maps and locating equipment in the field
- Knowledge of utility work practices and procedures
- Knowledge of the utility Safety Rule Book and other underground safety rules.
- Complete knowledge of how to build a build a pole, install pole attachments (transformers, capacitor banks, repeaters, etc)
- Be able to show competency equivalent to a utility Overhead Lineman.
- Contractor candidates holding current industry underground certifications for performing overhead activities will be evaluated and portions of the above requirements may be waived.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities -
- A QC Inspectors primary duties are (but are not limited to:)
- Spend 95+% of their time in the field performing QC inspections
- Inspection of existing utility facilities such as URD cables, splices, terminations, transformers, and other facilities as required
- Observe the construction of URD splices and terminations while being constructed
- Document identified deviations in QCI in a timely manner
- Conduct and document Safety Audits as required
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- 1-3 years of QC inspection experience in a utility setting.
Reporting locations: Remote (Requires High Speed Internet)
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.