Quality Director- AZCO
9400 Ward Pkwy, Kansas City, MO 64114 Appleton, WI 54195 US
The Quality Director is responsible for the managerial direction and overall leadership of our Quality department. This includes supporting and executing business strategy, delivering winning solutions, developing high performance teams, and promoting company culture, values and mission in working closely with project teams to ensure AZCO's quality requirements for construction and fabrication will be fulfilled. The Quality Director will support practice growth in a dynamic and profitable manner based on Burns & McDonnell’s core values of client satisfaction, commitment, dedication, integrity, safety and overall outstanding service.
- Direct our Quality Program of policies, standards, standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Develop and refine procedures and inspection methods to assure compliance with design codes, project specifications and jurisdictional requirements.
- Measure and assess the effectiveness of the Quality program by compiling and evaluating statistical data to maintain quality of products and services offered in the fabrication shops and field construction sites.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the document management processes such as welding and erection procedures and customer and code requirements, comply with defined procedures, AME, National Boiler and Pressure Vessel codes, and project plans and specifications.
- Manages operational budget. Responsible for our Quality business plan development.
- Qualify and select the Authorized Inspector (AI) for third party examination.
- Review, approve and select NDE subcontractors for Quality actions and functions such as radiology, hardness testing, heat treating, etc.
- Work to deliver scheduled and unscheduled high priority Quality projects.
- Manage the Quality audit process, including vendor and subcontractor audits. Establish audits to identify best practices and ensure quality control measures are met.
- Oversee ASME certifications process.
- Provide technical and industry expertise with respect to Quality programs.
- Develop training programs and plans for staffing to attain and maintain appropriate levels of certification for inspection. Mentor and develop team members.
- Provide leadership, career coaching and development to the Quality department.
- Hire and assign qualified individuals to manage quality control aspects of both field construction sites and fabrication shops. Allocate resources, including hiring and assigning qualified staff to specific jobs.
- Responsible for conducting performance evaluations for selected department and/or direct reports.
- Adheres to and is responsible for Burns & McDonnell Quality Control and Safety programs.
- Support diversity initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 15 years relevant Quality experience in the construction industry.
- OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 hour certification strongly preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail. Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert in ASME and AWS codes and standards.
- ASNT NDT (Nondestructive Evaluation) Level III MT, PT, UT, and RT certification required or must obtain within one year in position. Must maintain NDT certifications for testing and inspection methods.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.