Quality Engineer III
700 State St Mount Pleasant, WI 53404 US
- BS in Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years working in either engineering or quality
- Preferred candidate would have most work history, minimum 5 years, with electronics manufacturing. That could be on the design side, manufacturing, or quality.
- This role is for new technologies specifically focusing on autonomous systems. Candidate should know or have worked with any of these systems listed. They dont have to know all of them.
- LCD display, position sensors, radar systems, lidar systems, ultrasonic sensors, GPS, vision systems (camera), and 5G.
- If candidate does not have experience with these systems they should have a strong technical background in other electronics assemblies or manufacturing.
This position offers exciting opportunities with our expansion into the Precision Automation to support the future technology needs, linking them to the specific components and systems requirements.
As The Supplier Quality Engineer - Precision Automation you will play a fundamental role in the scouting, benchmarking, and sourcing for Automation and Virtual/Augmented reality area.
The candidate will work closely also with Technology Engineering and Purchasing to assess supplier/startups commercial and technical capabilities.
Primary focus on new sensors, controllers, and ECUs to support future development. Working with suppliers in an up-front, preventative mode and also in a problem-solving mode. Collaborate with suppliers and relevant internal groups like Innovation, Open Innovation, Engineering, Industrial Design, Vehicle Electronics, Digital and ICT teams, to provide the proper support and understand the specific needs.
Performs Supplier Quality Engineering activities for assigned commodities, including but not limited to:
- Qualification of potential suppliers and Approval of components - Potential supplier Audit (PSA), business case, Production Part approval Process (PPAP), Interim Recovery Worksheet (IRW), Process Audit (PA), Program Reviews (PR)
- Support for new program launches -- Tech Review, Quality Risk Assessments (QRA)
- Resolution of supplier quality issues and management of supplier quality performance -- SQP management, PIQ/PPM metrics,
- Current product management (CPM) resolutions
- Assure proper nonconformity containment tools application as CSL1/2/3 (Containment Shipping Level) and proper corrective actions to achieve stable supplier conformity.
- Extensive understanding of problem-solving techniques at suppliers (8D, Ishikawa, pareto diagram etc.).
- A Bachelors degree in Engineering is required - BSEE (preferred), BSME, BSIE or BSTech.
- A minimum of six (6) years of electrical design, manufacturing or quality experience with electrical and electronic components.
- Deep industrial production processes knowledge related to automation, focused on complex electronics such as sensors, controllers, ECUs, camera systems, radar systems.
- Understanding and experience working with Advanced Quality Planning tools (design reviews, FMEAs, Contractual Control Plans, Inspection and Test plans, Gage R&R Studies, Capability Studies, SPC, 7-step or 8D corrective action process)
- Ability to travel up to 40% Travel, as necessary, to other development sites and to field tests
- Preferred three (3) of experience focused on: quality engineering, supplier quality engineering and/or quality management
- General knowledge of wire harness, motors, starters, and actuators.
- Experience within the off-highway vehicle sector preferred.
- Prefer 3 years of experience managing a supply base or Project Management
- Professional certification (CQE, CQA, CQMgr, CMfgE, etc.) and exposure to Six Sigma is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, statistical software, etc.
- Ability to work with personnel at all levels of the suppliers' organization
- Ability to conduct meetings with and make presentations to platform leadership, industrial leadership, and senior management
- Self-driven, strong ownership of assigned jobs and passion to achieve high level of work.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.