Quality Engineer IV
475 Sycamore Dr Milpitas, CA 95035 US
Onsite Monday-Friday 9am-6pm
- Masters degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field with 4+ years experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field with 6+ years experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of product validation, feature validation, systems and performance analysis for 5G (Sub6 and mmW) products
- Supporting development and system integration for 5G (Sub6 and mmW) products focusing on Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing.
- Defining system test cases and automation execution to ensure product meets product and system requirements for customer deployment.
- Performing Quality Assurance (QA) testing, analyzing test results, debugging failures and working closely with the development team to identify root causes and resolve problems.
- Performing system (SW+HW) characterization and validating product specifications by collecting and processing test data
- Supporting interoperability testing with RAN an core network vendors as part of carrier certification and customer acceptance procedures
- Strong knowledge in LTE/5G air interface protocols, call processing technologies and network architecture
- Good Knowledge of LTE/5G system and 3GPP specifications and protocols, including PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers.
- Solid understanding on LTE/5G concepts such as DL/UL scheduling, power control, beamforming, MIMO and .
- Experience in test execution and log analysis of LTE/5G 3GPP protocol test plans or LTE Inter-Operability testing
- Scripting experience specifically in Perl and/or Python Test methodologies.
- Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Viavi TM500
Willing to travel on demand and be able to work well in a fast paced technical environment.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.