Quality Manager - Construction
1025 E S River St Appleton, WI 54195 US
The Construction Quality Manager is responsible for management of the Quality field staff and the execution of our Quality System for projects in various locations. The Construction Quality Manager assures that installations comply with the applicable plans, codes, standards, specifications and construction practices, including the timely completion and collection of inspection and test reports as required.
- Establish and communicate project quality requirements to the project management team.
- Collaborate with the project management team on the set-up and implementation of key processes and application methods.
- Develop and issue Construction Quality Plan requirements including an inspection and test matrix based on specifications, codes and jurisdictional requirements.
- Responsible for coaching, training and mentoring field quality personnel with regards to the Quality System including quality verifications required to comply with the specifications.
- Responsible for recommendations, enhancements and changes to our Quality System.
- Confirm conditions adverse to quality are identified, documented, disposition and tracked through acceptance and closure.
- Support the Corrective Action resolution process.
- Review and confirm compliance of subcontractor Quality submittals and Inspection and Test Plans (ITP's).
- Confirm Welding Procedure Specifications (WPSs) and associated Procedure Qualification Records are reviewed and when required, developed by Weld Engineering.
- Confirm and when required, perform welder performance qualifications to support the project.
- Confirm WPSs are properly applied to the work and welders are qualified for the work as required by the specifications and code.
- Proactively communicate quality opportunities with project sites that do not have day-to-day onsite quality support, including issues or concerns to the project management team.
- Support project sites in confirming quality metrics are consistently tracked and reported.
- Assist the project team with set-up and scheduling of Nondestructive Examination and heat treatment activities.
- Confirm that project turn-over packages are populated and correspond to project activities.
- Act as a liaison between the Project Manager and the Authorized Inspector for Code work scopes.
- Perform site assessments and audits to confirm compliance with the implemented Quality System.
- Comply with all Safety & Health requirements and monitors construction activities to ensure adherence to safety standards.
- Participate in the Task Safety Observations (TSO's) process and define corrective measures for problem areas.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Applicable experience may be substituted for the diploma requirement.
- Minimum 10 years related experience managing and implementing quality related activities and processes.
- Thorough understanding of multidiscipline work scopes.
- Current AWS Certified Welding Inspector certification required.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Excellent planning and analytical skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients.
- Strong computer and technical writing skills.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.