RNG Plant Operator Technician
2319 Kentucky Avenue Indianapolis, IN 46221 US
- Operation and Maintenance of a High BTU RNG (Renewable Natural Gas) plant consisting of gas compression, gas processing and filtration equipment; works with Landfill Gas (LFG) and pipeline quality RNG
- Comply with all workplace, federal, state and OSHA safety guidelines and obligations;
- Perform regular inspections and maintenance of fixed plant equipment, including rotating gas compressors, H2S gas scrubber, CO2 membranes, N2 removal PSA and other auxiliary equipment such as pumps, chillers, valves etc.
- Administrative duties including documenting and reporting equipment maintenance, operation and condition;
- Perform fault-finding, repairs and reporting of gas, electrical and mechanical systems;
- Operation of advanced instrumentation and process control systems;
- Available for on-call duties remaining within 45 minutes of the power station during these hours;
- Tasks, including readings, tuning, pump operation and maintenance, flaring operations and maintenance as needed;
- Carry out routine housekeeping duties;
- Interface with well field (LFG) operations and the local natural gas utility
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Current driver’s license with a clean driving record;
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and on-call hours;
- Maintenance, gas, mechanical or electrical experience and/or suitable background;
- Basic Computer operation including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to collect and interpret data and write clear, accurate reports and specifications
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience with Gas or refrigeration equipment;
- Experience with LFG extraction and use systems and equipment;
- Analytical and trouble shooting skills in either mechanical and electrical systems;
- Ability to perform minor repairs and overhaul mechanical & electrical equipment;
- Familiarity with the operation of instrumentation and process control equipment and systems;
- Ability to work autonomously in a multi-skilled work environment;
- Proficient in using computers, instrumentation, metering and/or monitoring equipment to measure, record and make adjustments within operating parameters;
- Advanced electrical skills with the ability to fault find and carry out preventive maintenance on electrical equipment; such as PLC’s, Generators, High Voltage and or Control systems
- Advanced mechanical skills with the ability to fault find and carry out preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment; including compressors, pumps and valving.
- ?Familiarity with PLC’s, ladder Logic as well as troubleshooting and programming of these systems
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.