Cape Cod, MA 02630 US
To repair refrigeration and HVAC mechanical and electrical systems throughout retail locations to support operations and minimize product loss, while ensuring partner satisfaction.
- Maintain refrigeration and HVAC for a group of retail locations
- Repair equipment, such as compressors, water pumps, air handlers, electrical and mechanical control
- Devices in a safe, efficient, and timely manner that exceeds customers’ expectations.
- Establish effective regular communication with Site Management to ensure they are kept informed of all ongoing maintenance activities.
- Liaise with Site Management team to ensure that all planned maintenance activities are communicated effectively including diagnosing equipment malfunctions and any operating deficiency of the mechanical equipment to ensure quality work performance.
- Provide all required job updates on a timely basis.
- Be proactive in refrigerant leak checking and repairs.
- Maintain all assets for which you have responsibility to the highest standards.
- Perform refrigeration/HVAC preventive maintenance checks in a timely manner as assigned.
- Monitor and log refrigerant usage within assigned stores.
- Maintain clean and safe conditions in machine and electrical rooms.
- Communicate as needed with retail store location personnel to maintain refrigerated product integrity.
- Participate in company’s “on call” after hours emergency call program.
- Assist with trouble shooting problems.
- Complete equipment inventories as assigned.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Act in accordance with all company policies & procedures.
- Possesses a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with rack systems, displays cases and walk-ins highly preferred.
- Journeyman qualified in refrigeration and HVAC systems, or equivalent work experience.
- EPA certified for refrigerant handling class I & II, or universal.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- In-depth working knowledge of supermarket rack refrigeration equipment, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems preferred.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills, Refrigeration Controller Technology, Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and successful experience in previous jobs and responsibilities.
- Above average troubleshooting and guest service skills.
- Ability to multitask, work with limited supervision and make sound decisions quickly.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.