Roadway Design Engineer
9115 Harris Corners Parkway Harris Corners Two Suite 420 Charlotte, NC 28269 US
ROADWAY DESIGN ENGINEER MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform engineering design tasks for roadway projects from preliminary to final design.
- Develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages.
- Mentor and assist junior engineers in developing final design plans (including but not limited to implementation and knowledge of cross sections, traffic control, drainage, and signing and pavement markings plans.
- Coordinate design activities and meetings between design staff, subcontractors, and client managers.
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost, and scheduling performance.
- Identify schedule and cost variance, and develop/implement recommendations for corrective action.
- Actively participate and service in leadership positions in transportation related organizations such as ASHE, ASCE, DBIA, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required.
- 3+ years of progressive engineering experience possessing a broad knowledge and experience in transportation and roadway design.
- Experience working with NCDOT design projects required.
- Micro Station and Geopak design software experience required.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.