SR Mechanical Engineer
1100 Superior Ave -, Ste 300 Cleveland, OH 44114 US
Project team and client management experience in a consulting engineering environment working with private and public sector clients is preferred.
- Project and Client management.
- Preparation of proposals and administering project contracts, including Add Service Agreements.
- Understand work planning and manage the design process to the available hours in the work plan.
- Supervise staff or self-Perform the following:
- Understand the proper scope of SD, DD, CD level documents and deliver appropriate documentation.
- Advanced heating and cooling load calculations with Trace or HAP.
- Develop air and water flows calculations.
- Sections and elevations of complex ductwork and piping areas.
- Equipment room sizes during SD and DD phases.
- Specifications to reflect the project requirements.
- Modify sequences of operations for AHU’s, CHW and HW systems.
- Coordinate with other disciplines for all HVAC details.
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Meet with contractors during the bid phase to review the design details.
- Respond to RFI’s for the project and accurately review submittals.
- Perform field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
- Understand both constant and variable flow systems, and properly apply equipment.
- Understand fan and pump curves to properly select equipment for application.
- Use the psychrometric chart properly for any HVAC system.
- Review designs prepared by others as part of Osborn’s QA/QC process.
- Attend meetings with clients, authorities having jurisdiction, and other professionals as projects require.
- Conducting business development activities, participating in various trade organizations, and preparing or assisting with presentations.
- 10 - 20 years of Mechanical Design Experience in Consulting Engineering.
- Excellent Organizational and Communication skills.
- Proactive and Collaborative team member.
- Ability to work and manage several project teams concurrently.
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Sports, Commercial, Public Sector, Industrial, Education, and/or Institutional projects.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.