2501 Coolidge Rd, Suite 100 East Lansing, MI 48823 US
- Provide safety and training support services across multi-site operations
- Support operations and other internal business teams, demonstrating visible leadership, specialist knowledge, and coaching and mentoring managers to ensure appropriate HSE standards are met
- Support operations teams in the usage of risk management tools, reporting system, contractor management and other HSE systems
- Deliver safety inspections, audits, hazard hunts, safety observations and other compliance activities as required to provide assurance that safety systems and their related procedures are implemented across the organization and support and verify timely close out of actions
- Supporting hazard identification and risk assessment processes, and drive the development of a risk- based systems assurance culture for operations
- Promote the reporting of all incidents and assist in identification and implementation of remedial actions
- Develop and maintain effective consultation arrangements with responsible persons and cultivate close liaison with internal/external stakeholders and regulatory bodies to identify effective responses to assure the safe operation of the business
- Develop, review, and deliver safety management systems and training and assessment materials to ensure they are current and of a consistently high standard.
- Provide input into group HSE Team performance activities, including annual strategy and planning activities, metrics and KPI reviews
- Facilitate/ participate in safety related meetings, operations meetings and monitor action items to ensure they are followed up and closed out
- Development and collation of safety and training data for the compilation of monthly and other safety reports
- Any other duties appropriate to the level and responsibility of the position as required
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, an excellent communicator both oral and written with the ability to develop lasting relationships
- Self-motivated and able to undertake routine and non-routine tasks with professionalism and minimal supervision, demonstrating effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven team player and ability to respond to and deliver change and contribute to the continuous improvement culture in a complex multi-site organization
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to write effective reports
- The role is based in Lansing however, the advisor role will be required to undertake regular local and interstate travel as required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a multi-site, national operations in a safety/ training role (experience with high risk activities in mining/resources or energy/utilities areas preferred)
- Minimum, Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health (Any Board of Certified Safety Professionals accreditation would be favorable)
- Current First Aid Certification and CPR certification (example: American heart Association or Red Cross)
- Exceptional ability with MS Office – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and delivering training and assessment.
- Strong understanding of current OSHA legislation, standards, codes and industry practices
- Experience with ICAM or similar incident investigation methodology
- Demonstrated experience in HSE compliance management and monitoring and qualified as a lead Auditor (preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of HSE processes, including Permit to Work, Lock Out Tag Out, Incident Investigation, Contractor Management, Emergency Response, Risk Management, and Training and Competency
- Current and clean Drivers License essential
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.