2400 Weiss St Saginaw, MI 48602 US
- Will maintain awareness of multiple headquarters and provide recommendations to management regarding traveling crews, shift equipment, work overtime, and supplementing workforce with contractors.
- Works closely with the Long-Range Planner and uses work plan inputs (overtime, non-premise, paid absence, headcount, contractor / internal mix, and work mix) to ensure alignment between plan/schedule and financial targets.
- Will gather data from multiple sources to perform detailed analysis and provide explanations regarding work plan adherence.
- Will monitor, plan and coordinate gas and electric workloads using a crew composition timeline for each week of work. The timeline is modeled to achieve optimal productivity, meet commitments, and deliver on operational and financial goals.
- Coordinates materials with Supply Chain, equipment and vehicles with Fleet Services, and equipment and resources with external parties and other internal workgroups.
- Communicates with Field Leaders, Team Leaders, fellow Schedulers, and Long-Range Planners to create a complete and accurate T-1 to T-0 schedule.
- Facilitates weekly meetings with multiple stakeholders to ensure alignment and a successful handoff of the T-2 and T-1 work schedule.
- Drive results and apply knowledge to make complex and critical decisions through interpretation of information and apply the decisions to safely allocate all resources (materials, operational employees, equipment).
- Plan and schedule construction, maintenance, and emergent work.
- Monitor workload / available resources and make appropriate adjustments as necessary.
- Coordinate activities with customers, employees, departments, and outside agencies to meet customer commitments. Performs other related duties as required.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Following and providing written and oral work instructions, typing, writing and taking notes, able to use standard office equipment, able to multitask (work on multiple tasks at once), communicate clearly with customers, contractors, and employees, staying calm and composed in high pressure situations or emergencies.
- Performs or establishes procedures for tech support functions and actions including records, tracks information, maintains logs/spreadsheet, and other similar technical support.
- Prepares special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other areas of the Company, etc.
- Ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to appropriate staff members; and information is furnished in a timely manner; decides to escalate important or emergency matters.
- Periodically evaluates process and program effectiveness and takes action to maintain continuous improvement.
- Willing and able to follow instruction, assist in training of co-workers, and cooperate with other employees and customers.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that clearly shows effective communication and cooperation and that promotes open exchange of information, respect, high ethical standards and professionalism.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Facilitates meetings and delivers presentations.
- Excellent communication skills with customers, contractors, and company employees using phone, email, face to face, etc.
- Uses a computer for up to 8 hours or more per day and runs multiple software applications at once.
- Follows written and oral work instructions.
- Follows job aids and work procedures.
- 1 or more years of customer service or technical experience.
- One or more years of Utility (e.g., Natural Gas, Electric, Renewables) experience or applicable knowledge.
- 2 or more years of applicable experience.
- Organizational (time management, multi-tasking, follow-through) and problem-solving skills (5 Whys, Pareto charts, daily operating reviews) to achieve operational, financial and breakthrough goals.
- Proficient software skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to create and lead presentations with a meaningful agenda and clearly articulate key data and information to large groups of stakeholders.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures and contributes to the safety of co-workers and the public.
- Proficient SAP (back office) experience.
- Proficient CRM7 (front office) experience.
- Excellent communication, customer service and teamwork skills.
- Completion of college level courses or a degree in a scientific or technical field.
- Operations scheduling experience.
- Ability to read construction prints; recognize material (including specialty / long lead time material); understand capabilities of vehicles, equipment and tools; assess number and type of crews required to complete work; and identify field conditions that drive job-specific prerequisites (scheduled outage, forestry, traffic control, etc.); understand order types, and differentiate between capital and O&M orders.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.