Section Manager - Environmental Studies
9300 Ward Pkwy Kansas City, MO 64114 US
- Providing leadership to the team; direct and coordinate work assignments and review performance to ensure the efficient, cost-effective utilization of staff.
- Profitable growth of the section; ensuring staff levels, staff loading, and staff assignments meet project requirements while maintaining billable goals.
- Implementing, applying and supporting company, global practice and/or regional office programs and initiatives; successfully navigating and managing change within the section.
- Providing expert level technical guidance, mentoring and support.
- Apply creative solutions to local, state, and federal permitting
- Advise clients of appropriate strategies to obtain permits and maintain compliance with regulations and permit conditions
- Publication of technical papers and delivering presentations at conferences
- Achieving stated targets and standards for financial performance.
- Preparing and presenting workload and monthly financial reports to global practice or regional management and applicable project managers.
- Recruitment, development, training, and retention of staff.
- Conducting performance evaluation for assigned section staff.
- Providing leadership, guidance, and instruction to the section staff.
- Support or lead portions of department meetings and section meetings.
- Perform project management responsibilities for studies and projects. Assisting staff with project setup, coordinating with the client/team, handling billing/invoicing, change orders, project closeout, etc
- Interpreting and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to staff.
- Collaborating with business development managers, business line leads, project managers, and proposal production staff on proposals to secure work for staff.
- Overall QA/QC process adherence.
- Ensuring compliance with company and site safety policies.
- Diversity initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, biology, ecology, environmental planning, geospatial sciences, engineering, or related degree from accredited program.
- Minimum 5 years related professional experience and/or project management with environmental permitting projects.
- This position will require a thorough knowledge of the federal, state, and local permitting requirements associated with the development, regulatory approval and construction of new projects.
- The preferred applicant will also possess knowledge of regulations and permitting requirements for wetlands, threatened and endangered species, stormwater and erosion & sediment control, cultural resources and architectural history, and the National Environmental Policy Act.
- Experience in leading negotiations with regulators pertaining to environmental permitting requirements is strongly preferred.
- Previous leadership and/or management experience is preferable.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal/people skills, and the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients.
- Position requires the ability to influence, lead, and manage change thoughtfully and positively.
- Must possess strong project management skills and an industry strategic perspective.
- Must be expert in the use of computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity with AGOL is strongly preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.