Senior Civil Engineer/Project Manager
Houston, TX 77027 US
Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, our client attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at our client, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Our client is seeking a Senior Site/Civil Project Manager to join its collaborative team in Houston, TX. This individual will serve a key function in leading and supporting design, permitting and client management/development efforts for a variety of land development projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner cross-functionally with top industry leadership on a diverse array of premier land development projects.
- Design and permit residential, institutional, commercial centers, warehouse distribution centers, and mixed-use projects for both public and private clients;
- Work closely with office leadership to develop growth plans and ensure staff utilization;
- Possess an entrepreneurial demeanor and participate in Business Development activities by developing new clients for the firm and maintaining relationships with existing clients;
- Lead site/civil efforts on a variety of project sites including the ability to design and oversee site layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through completion;
- Lead storm water management design, hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design and SWPPP preparation;
- Demonstrate experience in all aspects of land development engineering including the integration of geotechnical and environmental engineering; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- 10+ years of successful, local and related site/civil engineering experience with a concentration in land development on both small and large projects;
- Professional Engineering license;
- Site/civil experience on a variety of project sites including the ability to design and oversee site layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through completion;
- Strong client development and client management abilities;
- Proficiency of AutoCAD or Civil 3D preferred;
- Active participation in professional organizations;
- Experience in technical and proposal writing;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Our Client offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more!
Our Client is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Our client promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.