Senior Controls Specialist
1022 HALEY DRIVE Mineral, VA 23117 US
Serve as Digital Team Cost Controls Analyst to support Project Managers with multi-million dollar capital projects.
- Assist with Capital Projects annual budget, monthly forecasts, and rider filing data.
- Prepares cost estimates and supports in-service and retirement of station assets (fixed assets knowledge)
- Requires knowledge of GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles) required for month-end liabilities and reporting.
- Implements internal control policy and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison between the project management team and various internal groups, such as station departments
- Ability to develop Ad Hoc MS Excel models to summarize large data sets.
- Ability to lead meetings at station location periodically.
Other related duties include:
- Self-starter and makes decisions independently.
- Strong attention to detail and high ethical standards.
- Proactive in identifying and solving problems of high complexity.
- Strong organizational skills and analytical / logical approach.
- Ability to synthesize diverse information (technical, schedule, and cost) and exercise good judgment.
- Proficient in Excel and financial systems
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- SAP, Excel, Power Query
Preferred Years of Experience:
- 5+ years of experience of cost or budget analyst
- Cost Control or Project Cost Controls experience for complex projects.
- Ability to work with multiple Project Managers to analyze and forecast costs to the labor, materials and service levels at a detailed level.
- Bachelors degree plus 5 years of cost or budget analyst experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Other education - Accounting, Business, Finance, Construction management.
- Nuclear, Construction, Manufacturing, Utility
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.