Senior Cultural Resources Specialist - Environmental Services
8201 Golf Course Rd NW Ste D-3 Albuquerque, NM 87120 US
Our regional office in Phoenix, AZ (or Albuquerque, NM) has a need for a Senior Cultural Resources Specialist to lead project studies and surveys, construction monitoring, archaeological excavation and associated field work on a variety of projects. We are a 100% employee-owned firm ranked numerous times on FORTUNE’s List of 100 Best Companies to Work For and voted as a Best Place to Work in cities across the United States.
Primary responsibilities will be to plan, coordinate, communicate and facilitate activities for the cultural resources components of projects from concept through completion. Successful Senior Cultural Resources Specialists collaborate and coordinate with internal and external clients. They are also responsible for initiating or assisting in proposal development and contract negotiations and coordinating project planning. Project planning includes scoping, budgeting, maintaining schedules, communicating and managing deadlines and establishing and performing critical project objectives.
This position supports the growth of the Environmental Services practice based upon our core values of safety, client satisfaction, commitment, dedication, integrity and overall outstanding service.
Specific areas of responsibility may include the following:
- Serving as Client Coordinator for target clients - client coordinators will take primary responsibility for ultimate delivery of services and client satisfaction
- Identifying project opportunities early and facilitating go/no-go decisions in cooperation with office leadership and Environmental Services practice leadership
- Identifying new market and client opportunities
- Identifying key projects and facilitate early sales strategies to maximize our chances of being selected
- Supervising field efforts and technical reporting
- Adhering to our Quality Control and Safety programs
- Other duties, as assigned.
This position includes a mix of marketing, strategic planning, field assessments, report preparation, and some travel. The senior cultural resources specialist will also provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited program required.
- Master’s Degree in anthropology/archeology or related field is highly preferred. Completion of a master's degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Minimum 8 years of related experience conducting construction monitoring activities; field investigations, surveys and project studies; archaeological excavation, artifact identification and associated field work.
- Experience in the Southwest and other western states
- Permitted with Forest Service, BLM, and other entities
- Prior consulting experience a plus.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations relating to historic preservation such as the National Historic Preservation Act.
- Knowledge of anthropology and archaeology methods and practices.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically for preparation of technical reports and proposal writing, are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to operate various types of GPS equipment.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, SharePoint).
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing work environments and research approaches.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.