Senior Digital I&C Instructor
5570 HOG ISLAND RD Surry, VA 23883 US
Develop instructional materials and conduct training for the INPO Accredited I&C technical training program at the nuclear power station. A candidate for this position should have in-depth knowledge of INPO accredited instructional design theory as well as in-depth expertise in Digital Control Server Systems (DCS) based digital I&C equipment for which he or she will develop and deliver training. This person will develop and deliver training on the most complex topics and is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, delivering and evaluating training in the classroom, laboratory, and on-the-job. This individual is responsible for maintaining training programs in accordance with nuclear industry, regulatory, institutions, and legal requirements.
Licenses, Certifications, Qualifications or Standards Preferred:
- Nuclear I&C training instructor within a INPO Accredited training program NRC RO License I&C Digital Technician, or Digital Instrument Engineer
- Other: Reactor Operator (RO) or Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license or applicable discipline INPO accredited initial training program or Senior Instructor Training Certification (with client) or Certified Instructor meets ANS 3.1 12/79, (Section 22.214.171.124)
- 12 + years of related experience OR; Certified I&C Instructor (including 5+ years of experience) OR; RO or SRO (including 5+ years of DCS based digital I&C experience) OR; Sr Instructor I&C Training Cert from client (including 5+ years of experience) 5 or more years of experience in DCS based digital I&C
- In depth knowledge of INPO Accredited Instructional theory, design, and SAT process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, good personal computer, operate various instrumentation and controls, problem solving.
- Analyze and develop training materials, train and lead others, interface with regulatory personnel and industry peers, informal leadership skills, ability to effectively communicate with regulators.
- Previous experience with Westinghouse Electric Ovation and/or Common-Q DI&C platforms is preferred
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
Nice to Have Skills:
- Preferred experience utilizing Vision or equivalent training material development software
- Experience in the I&C maintenance shop who has actually been a doer has done the work they are training
- Experience in training for Westinghouse 3 loop PWR
Preferred Years of Experience:
- 12 + years of related experience OR; 5 or more years of experience in DCS based digital I&C
Education (Minimum Requirements):
- BS Degree or an equivalent combination of related experience
- Disciplines: Physical Science, Technology, Mathematics, or Engineering Disciplines
- Preferred Disciplines: Digital I&C Electrical Engineering Senior Digital I&C Technician Digital I&C Training Instructor
- Ideal candidate is someone from the nuclear industry
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.