Senior Electrical Engineer (Networks, Integration & Automation Lead)
1850 North Central Avenue Phoenix, AZ 85004 US
- Grid Modernization: Now, more than ever, reliable and secure communication for grid operations is essential. We work with electric utilities to expand their capabilities with the latest technologies for remote monitoring, automation, and control to improve their operational efficiency.
- Networks: We help our clients build redundant, long-haul, high-capacity data networks via a variety of technologies that are used for both business/IT needs as well as the day-to-day operational needs that keep the lights on.
- Renewable Energy: With the expansion of renewable energy technologies, our team works to connect these assets to electric grid infrastructure to provide critical communications for the local utility and system operator in areas such as offshore wind, solar photovoltaic (PV), hydroelectric power, and battery storage.
- Rural Broadband: As engineers, we have a social responsibility to support our communities. Our NIA team works to help our clients provide high-speed internet access to rural communities to advance educational and economic opportunities and help close the digital divide.
- Private LTE: We are supporting development of entirely private carrier-grade networks for electric utilities, unlocking new capabilities to monitor and manage the grid and ultimately better serve customers. Private LTE is one application of many within our wireless portfolio.
- Fiber: Fiber optic infrastructure is one of the fastest ways that utilities transmit high bandwidth data, and our team is helping to expand that infrastructure from their core networks all the way to customer homes.
- Electric Vehicles: We work with industry leaders and electric utilities to help our customers transition to beneficial and cost-effective transportation electrification.
- Manages and executes the electrical design of projects from the conceptual phase through design completion.
- Researches, designs, and compiles project related data as required by client needs.
- Applies knowledge of commonly used electrical concepts, practices, codes, and procedures within the electrical engineering services industry to complex engineering problems.
- Performs field inspections, measurements, or calculations for public and private clients.
- Manages creation of and reviews project deliverables including but not limited to device configurations, network architecture diagrams, and specifications.
- Utilizes innovative tools such as Geographic Information Systems (GIS), 3D scanning, and model-based design.
- Reviews construction drawings and delivers client presentations for a variety of projects primarily related, but not limited, to electric utilities.
- Meets and corresponds with clients or outside personnel to develop relationships with key client points of contact.
- Performs design quality reviews.
- Leads and coordinates the creation of proposals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Engineering, construction management or related field from an accredited curriculum.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of utility Networks, Integration and Automation project experience with at least three (3) years related project management experience and mission critical experience.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel (10% to 25%).
- Valid driver's license required.
- In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy. Preferred Qualifications Professional Engineering (PE) registration.
- Previous consulting experience.
- Previous utility company experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.