Senior Electrical Engineer (Nuclear)
9400 Ward parkway Kansas City, MO 64114 US
- Responsible for developing, reviewing and/or approving Electrical Engineering Design change packages and calculations in support of maintenance or capital projects at a nuclear power facility.
- Conceives, plans and coordinates investigations of considerable scope and complexity with unique or controversial problems which have a major effect on company projects and programs.
- Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with key individuals of other organizations, requiring skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
- This position is responsible for being a specialist and is considered an authority for the company in an area of technical responsibility.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.
- Provide advanced technical advice to staff.
- Assist with supervision of staff on major projects.
- Regularly meets and corresponds with clients or outside personnel.
- Oversee a project team of 1 to 4 engineers, designers, and CADD personnel.
- Verify and/or perform all design calculations.
- Interface with clients on schedules, contracts, estimates, scope of work requirements, etc.
- Attend/conduct all required meetings throughout the project duration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree in electrical engineering from accredited program.
- Minimum 7 years related experience in the nuclear industry (completion of master' s degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience).
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Previous nuclear operating plant experience preferred.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Knowledge of 10CFR50.59 process
- Nuclear Modification, Engineering Change Package Experience
- Equipment and System Design Experience
- Experienced in design reviews and design review preparation
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.