Senior Electrical Engineer - Substation
9400 Ward Parkway Kansas City, MO 64114 US
By aligning individual passions with opportunities, we provide unbridled professional growth for the best talent in the industry. We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to take control of their career potential in our Chicago office. This position will partner with a multi-discipline team to develop designs of electrical substations to support the safe and reliable delivery of electricity across the United States and Canada. Opportunities may include, but not limited to:
- Innovating project approach to optimize safety, schedule, and profitability.
- Training and mentoring less experienced engineers in their technical and professional development.
- Performing quality control reviews.
- Leading/Overseeing substation physical and protection and controls design.
- Leading/Overseeing the preparation of equipment specifications.
- Providing support for our clients during construction.
- Performing field inspections, compliance documentation, and factory acceptance testing.
- Leading a team of multi-discipline professionals to ensure project success.
- Presenting designs and proposals to clients, permitting authorities, public interest groups, etc.
- Corresponding and/or meeting with clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Leading project proposal efforts.
- Advancing into leadership roles.
- Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited program and licensure as a Professional Engineering (PE).
- Seven (7) years of substation electrical engineering experience, consulting preferred. Master of Science degree in electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) year experience.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a dynamic, quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency with National Electrical Safety Code and IEEE / ANSI Standards.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.