Senior Electrical Engineer
13737 Noel Rd., Suite 700 Dallas, TX 75240 US
- Perform marketing, project development, and proposal development for electrical upgrade and multi-discipline projects.
- Regularly meeting and corresponding with clients or outside personnel
- Developing scope of work, conceptual design, and execution plans
- Preparing engineering cost and man-hour estimates and schedules.
- Performing Project Management duties on electrical discipline projects
- Performing Lead Engineer duties on multi-discipline power generation projects.
- Provide leadership, guidance, instruction, and mentorship to less experienced team members.
- Preparing or directing the creation of construction documents for the installation of new or modifications of existing power generating facility electrical systems
- Developing or directing the creation of equipment specifications, procuring, and factory acceptance testing electrical equipment
- Coordinating project design assignments and design teams locally and with other office locations
- Provide guidance and field engineering support to construction and startup personnel during construction and commissioning.
- Coordinate departmental and divisional initiatives locally and with other office locations.
- This position requires approximately 20% travel to Client offices and field project sites.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related degree from an ABET-accredited program.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Electrical or related Engineering Technology from an ABET-accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering a plus.
- 7 years of electrical engineering experience. EPC project experience preferred.
- Experience in power generating facilities, process facilities, and/or large industrial facilities including the following design types, is strongly preferred: medium voltage, low voltage, lighting, grounding, electrical equipment control, protective relaying and associated systems design and construction administration.
- Software experience utilizing SKM Power Tools, ETAP, SmartPlant, SmartPlant Electrical, or similar software is preferred. Field construction and commissioning experience is preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communications, as well as strong analytical & problem-solving skills, are required.
- Previous consulting engineering experience preferred.
- Completion of PE is strongly preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.