Senior Electrical Engineer
1700 W Loop South Houston, TX 77027 US
The Senior Electrical Engineer will lead electrical design project teams to create world-class designs for new projects, alterations and redevelopments on a variety of projects including power, process, corporate, healthcare, pipeline, airports, institutional, industrial, manufacturing, government and military facilities. The Senior Electrical Engineer will lead the project team throughout the design and construction process, adapting electrical plans according to budget constraints, design factors or client needs.
- Lead electrical design of projects from the conceptual phase through design completion for project needs and requirements that are set forth by the project managers.
- Prepare electrical equipment: packaged equipment specifications and data sheets, Request for Qualifications (RFQ's), technical bid summaries, and purchase recommendations.
- Review electrical equipment vendor drawings; data interface with suppliers, clients other engineering disciplines, detailers, designers.
- Participate in development of project schedule, scope, budget staffing planning and construction planning. Responsible for effective management of change orders.
- Applies expert knowledge of commonly used electrical concepts, practices, codes and procedures within the electrical engineering services industry.
- Applies knowledge and experience to complex projects, find non-standard design solutions.
- Quality review production drawings for a variety of projects and project related data as required by the project managers to verify corrections are made within multiple CAD related software.
- Quality review the construction administration including coordination with field personnel to resolve design related installation issues, calculations, field inspections and testing of electrical systems.
- Leads field inspections, installation, measurements or calculations for public and private clients.
- Prepare and present technical reports for clients and industry publications.
- Build effective relationships with existing clients, customers and contractors and develop new business opportunities. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction goals and expectations are met.
- Participate sales and marketing efforts and identify key pursuits.
- Lead the development of cost proposals and qualification statements to achieve stated targets and standards for financial performance.
- Prepare and present project budgets and cost estimates. Report project performance.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to the electrical engineering practice. Mentor and guide less experienced engineers.
- Responsible for QA/QC process adherence.
- Responsible for effective communication with other engineering disciplines.
- Responsible for compliance with company and site safety policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related degree from an ABET-accredited program.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Electrical or related Engineering Technology from an ABET-accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering a plus.
- 7 years electrical engineering experience. EPC project experience preferred.
- Professional Engineering License (PE) preferred.
- Expert knowledge in standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of electrical equipment design ANSI and IEEE Standards. Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with leading the discipline design for large projects and delegating work tasks to team members. Ability to lead execution of work and resolve issues in a team environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform quality reviews for detailed engineering documents and specifications.
- Ability to travel.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.