Senior Electrical/Mechanical Engineer
1100 Superior Ave -, Ste 300 Cleveland, OH 44114 US
The ideal candidate would have project team and client management experience in a consulting engineering environment working within designing within the healthcare industryA
- Project and client management, overseeing of electrical design execution.
- Prepare proposals and administer project contracts, including Add Service Agreements.
- Work with department manager(s) for planning and managing the design process to the available hours in the work plan.
- Supervise staff, and when necessary, self-perform the following:
- Perform analysis, design and documentation of power distribution, lighting systems, and backup power systems.
- Coordinate with specialists for fire alarm, technology and lighting design as required by project scope of work.
- Coordinate with architects, mechanical/plumbing engineers and other disciplines for equipment power needs and sizing electrical distribution.
- Perform electrical design calculations for electrical loads and panel schedules.
- Develop electrical systems one-line diagrams.
- Select and schedule electrical equipment.
- Edit specifications to reflect the project requirements.
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Coordinate with other disciplines for all electrical design elements.
- Prepare design deliverables for SD, DD, CD level documents.
- Provide cost opinions for budgeting construction, and reviewing contractor change orders.
- Perform project construction administration including response to RFI’s and accurate review of submittals.
- Perform field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
- Review designs prepared by others as part of Osborn’s QA/QC process.
- Attend meetings with clients, authorities having jurisdiction, and other professionals as projects require.
- Conduct business development activities, participating in various trade organizations, and preparing or assisting with presentations.
- 10 - 15 years of electrical design and project management in consulting engineering.
- Working knowledge of design and analysis software such as Revit, AutoCAD, SKM, ETAP, Easypower.
- Good knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC), State Energy Code, NFPA guidelines, and FGI guidelines.
- Experience with electrical system studies such as short circuit, over-current device coordination, and Arc Flash Hazard analysis per NPFA 70E.
- Ability to instruct staff in project communications, and client management.
- Proficient knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with contractors to address construction issues.
- Ability to work and manage several project teams concurrently.
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Sports, Commercial, Public Sector, Industrial, Education, and/or Institutional projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering Preferred.
- PE License preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.