Senior Environmental Permitting & Compliance Project Manager
Canonsburg, PA 15317 US
Our Client provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Our Client culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, our client attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at our client, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Our Client is seeking an Environmental Permitting and Compliance Engineer, Scientist, or Project Manager to join its collaborative team. This individual will serve a key function in performing multimedia environmental compliance and permitting projects, including air quality permitting and compliance, multi-media environmental compliance audits, development of monitoring and spill prevention and contingency plans, industrial wastewater and stormwater compliance, storage tank registration and compliance evaluations, waste management. Tasks will include preparing and overseeing technical reports, calculations and regulatory reports, permit applications, and on-site inspections and support. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner cross-functionally with top industry leadership in a continuous learning environment.
- Prepare permit applications and compliance programs for multiple environmental media, including air, wastewater, stormwater, waste, spill prevention and storage tanks, EPCRA (Tier II, TRI);
- Perform multi-media environmental compliance audits, gap assessments, inspections, and program reviews;
- Develop and support implementation and management of various monitoring and spill prevention and contingency plans/programs (SPCC, FRP, SPR, SWPPP, Hazardous Waste Contingency Plans, TOMP, Slug Control, etc.);
- Provide direct oversight and management of junior staff for specific project assignments;
- Lead and/or assist in the preparation of proposals including development of scope and costs;
- Manage project budgets and assist in invoicing as project or task manager;
- Interact with and build relationships with clients, contractors/subcontractors, and internal practice leaders with a strong commitment to customer service and responsiveness to client needs;
- Deliver on multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines;
- Conduct field support at client sites including routine site inspections, collection of samples, and on-call support;
- Train and mentor junior staff; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental or Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, or closely related field. Master’s degree preferred;
- 7+ years of experience working with multimedia environmental permitting and compliance projects in a consulting environment;
- Air quality permitting and compliance experience
- PE or on track to obtain (FE/EIT) or other relevant professional certification (e.g. CHMM) is strongly preferred;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification preferred;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple clients and projects;
- Willingness and ability to maintain and develop existing client relationships as well as identify new opportunities is strongly desired;
- Basic understanding of common industrial activities and the relationships among environmental media /regulations (e.g. air, wastewater, regulated waste, etc.). Familiarity/experience with the related industrial health and safety topics is a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Our Client provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Our client offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more!
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.