Senior Environmental Planner
9785 Maroon Cir #400 Centennial, CO 64114 US
Specific areas of responsibility may include the following:
- Assisting in the implementation of the strategic business plan to develop and expand the firm’s cultural resources practice within the Pacific Northwest region. This includes creating new project opportunities and expanding existing client relationships within the regional marketplace.
- Identifying and supporting the recruitment of key individuals necessary to grow the practice area and support key regional initiatives
- Partnering with other Regional and Branch Offices to facilitate strong working relationships and share in business development.
- Executing projects that meet or exceed client expectations for safety, quality, schedule, and budget.
- Participating and supervising field efforts and technical reporting
- Adhering to our Quality Control and Safety programs
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in anthropology/archeology or related field. Completion of a master's degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Must meet the Secretary of the Interior’s professional qualifications standards in archaeology and any applicable state qualifications.
- Register of Professional Archaeologist (preferred)
- Minimum 8 years of related experience conducting construction monitoring activities; field investigations, surveys, and project studies; archaeological excavation, artifact identification and associated field work.
- Experience in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and other western states
- Ability to obtain permits from Forest Service, BLM, and other entities in Oregon and Washington
- Prior consulting experience (strongly preferred).
- Experience performing cultural resources investigations directly for Federal agencies preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations relating to historic preservation, e.g., Section 106 National Historic Preservation Act.
- Knowledge of anthropology and archaeology methods and practices.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to complete physically demanding tasks in remote areas and/or hot and dry climates, including walking, hiking, carrying loads up to 50 pounds, and excavation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, SharePoint).
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing work environments and research approaches.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.