560 Harrison Avenue Boston, MA 02118 US
We are looking for someone with a great attitude with a relationship focus, and the ability to work in cohesion with the field and operations teams. We’ re proud that the culture we’ ve built as a 100% employee-owned company as we have been recognized with over 70 Best Place to Work awards— including Best Workplace by Fortune Magazine three years in a row, Fortune Best Workplace for Women, Fortune Best Workplace for Millennials, Great Place to Work’ s Best Workplace for Parents, and one of America’ s Best Employers by Forbes.
- Work in partnership with the project manager to plan the job prior to project initiation i.e. general conditions study, procurement schedule, logistics, etc
- Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and deploy this throughout the estimating process
- Ensure that the information required to begin the estimating process is accurate and available
- Establish the pre-construction budget and manage the associated funds
- Ensures that the best bids are obtained for each trade, based on the needs of the project
- Structure a fair and comprehensive final sub bid process by incorporating all information from previous budgets, by educating all subs on the Shawmut view of the project, including, but not limited to detailed written scope of work, logistics, etc., so that they are all bidding on the same work
- Present information and proposals effectively to clients based on their needs and preferences
- 10+ years’ experience in all areas of commercial construction estimating or a related field with established subcontractor relationships
- Vast knowledge of all trades: scope, time frames/field execution, typical missed scope/exposures
- Experience estimating mid to large size projects including academic, life science, healthcare, and hospitality upwards of $40M
- Solid conceptual estimating experience
- Timberline (Precision Estimating) experience is a plus
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.