Senior Instructor (Nuclear Operations)
1022 HALEY DRIVE Mineral, VA 23117 US
This role analyzes, develops, implements, and evaluates performance-based technical training programs. Maintains technical subject matter expertise and a thorough understanding of current business processes. Acts as subject matter expert in specific area of technical (operational) expertise. Consults with business partners to clarify and define work procedures and processes and develop and document new work procedures and processes. Keeps abreast of current regulatory initiatives and assess their impact on instructor training.
Senior Instructor (Nuclear)
- Oversees the initial training of Nuclear Employees including CBTs and Activity Performance Measures.
- Conducts training on Fall Protection, Confined Space, Fire Watch, and Respirator/SCBA.
- Utilizes multiple training databases to track qualifications of site and supplemental personnel.
- Processes workflow from identification of a resource needing to work on site from access requesting through initial training.
- Analyze and develop training materials, train and lead others, interface with regulatory personnel and industry peers, informal leadership skills, ability to effectively communicate with regulators.
Candidates will have a:
- In-depth subject matter expertise in technical area of instruction.
- Thorough understanding of business processes related to area of instruction.
- In depth knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design.
- Proficiency in equipment operation/troubleshooting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent personal computer skills.
- Competence in using software applications critical to target audience.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good coaching skills.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze job tasks and develop training materials.
- Ability to train and lead others.
- Ability to interface with regulatory personnel and industry peers
- 12+ years of related experience OR Certified Instructor (including 5+ years experience) OR; RO or SRO (including 5+ years of experience) OR; Senior Instructor Training Cert from Client (including 5+ years of experience)
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelor degree in a technical field (Engineering, Electronics, Chemistry, Physics or Instrumentation) preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, good personal computer, operate various instrumentation and controls, problem solving.
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
Nice to Have Skills:
- Preferred experience utilizing Vision or equivalent training material development software
- Experience in the I&C maintenance shop who has actually been a doer has done the work they are training
- Experience in training for Westinghouse 3 loop PWR
Preferred Years of Experience:
- 12 + years of related experience OR; 5-6 years of nuclear, industrial, or military experience with full competency in skills.
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
- Reactor Operator (RO) or Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license or applicable discipline INPO accredited initial training program or
- Senior Instructor Training Certification or Certified Instructor preferred
- Must meet ANS 3.1 12/79, Section 188.8.131.52.
- Ideal candidate is someone from the nuclear industry
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.