Senior Instructor (Nuclear Operations)
5570 Hog Island Road Surry, VA 23883 US
Develop instructional materials and conduct training for licensed and non-licensed operators at the Company's nuclear power stations. An incumbent at this level should have in-depth knowledge of instructional design theory as well as hold or have held an SRO license, SRO certification. The individual also is required to participate in rigorous technical and instructional continuing training. This instructor level works on the most complex training topics and is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating training in the main control room simulator, classroom, laboratory, and on-the-job. This level also is responsible for maintaining training programs in accordance with nuclear industry, regulatory, and legal requirements.
Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experiences (Minimum Requirements):
- Required - In depth knowledge of instructional theory and design and SAT.
- Required Abilities - Analyze and develop training materials; interface with regulatory personnel and industry peers; in-depth knowledge of plant operations and systems.
- 13-15 years related experience, including the following experience and abilities
- Current or prior nuclear plant experience
- current or prior operations experience
- high standards
- courage to intervene and be intrusive
- good verbal and written communication skills
- good interpersonal and facilitative skills
- a strong desire to be a classroom and/or simulator instructor
- supervisory potential
- model of professionalism, judgment and maturity
- good observation skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
Nice to Have Skills:
- Previous experience with Westinghouse Electric Ovation and/or Common-Q DI&C platforms is preferred
Required Years of Experience:
- 13-15 years related experience
- BS Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Physical Science, or Mathematics
- Disciplines Preferred: Nuclear Operations Training or Nuclear Plant NRC Licensed Operations Other disciplines may be substituted for the preferred discipline(s) listed above
- Experience in the commercial nuclear industry
- Current or prior NRC SRO Certification Preferred, INPO Instructor Certification Preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.