Senior Nuclear Designer
1022 HALEY DRIVE Mineral, VA 23117 US
The candidate will work in a position in the Drawing Update Group as part of the Design Engineering Department. The candidate will work on site and provide CAD/ Designer and Drawing Update support to the station for developing design change drawing documents in support of plant modifications and maintaining the existing Design Configuration of. The candidate will work in a broad range of Drawing Configuration Control issues both on the component and system level. Candidates will be expected to gain familiarity with Nuclear Power Plant design, including the Mechanical or Electrical Distribution Systems including Instrumentation and Control Systems at the station
- Working knowledge of Computer Aided Design software.
- Ability to think analytically and assist in solving engineering configuration management issues.
- Ability to process information and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of and demonstrated skill in applying applicable regulations, related codes, and standards related to specialty craft (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Structural, Instrumentation and Control) needs of department.
- Advanced skill in the use of CADD Microstation/AutoCAD software, ProjectWise, DocTop & DocEm, Passport, DMIS, and Maximo.
- Good math skills, ability to perform basic calculations, review technical documents, drawings and diagrams.
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills, ability to prioritize work.
- Able to work with various groups in the station to provide a user-friendly product.
- Willing to get into the field and perform hands on walk downs to assist in developing plant modifications and Project Drawings in support of the modification process.
What soft skill requirements do you have (team fit and personality requirements)?
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
Nice to Have Skills:
- Preference for Electrical drawing skills is desired - this is what the team needs the most help in
Preferred Years of Experience:
- Prefer designers with +5 years of experience with a focus on electrical designs.
- Preferred - Associates in Drafting or experience and demonstrated abilities in Drafting
- Required - High School or GED
Are there any specific companies/industries you'd like to see in the candidates experience?
- Previous nuclear plant/generation or related experience especially in Electrical and/or Instrumentation and Control is preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.