Senior Project Controls (Nuclear)
York, SC 29745 US
- Workers at this level are responsible for performing complex aspects of individual project estimating, scheduling, change documentation and cost control while reporting up to program or portfolio level with minimal supervision.
- Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently, with guidance limited to unusual or complex projects or issues.
- They are fully competent in use of project controls principles and procedures .
- They identify problems, develop solutions and take actions to resolve.
- This position typically is assigned to projects classified as Green III or Brown per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix, or may manage multiple smaller (i.e. Green II) projects.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university - business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent and minimum of 5 years of project controls experience OR minimum of 9 years of project controls experience in lieu of a degree.
- Proficient in project controls principles.
- Proficiency / Expertise with project management / project controls concepts / computer applications / analytics; strong collaborative team member.
- Masters - business, finance, project management, or equivalent.
- PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Software such as MS Project/MS Office Suite, Primavera, Business Objects, Prolog, Passport, Visio, Powerplant, Emax, PeopleSoft.
- Risk management tools / Monte Carlo analysis.
- The Senior Project Controls Specialist may have relationships with individuals of varying levels in various organizations.
- Project teams of external Suppliers/Vendors.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.