Senior Project Controls (Scheduler)
Raleigh, NC 27601 US
- This is the expert level of the Project Controls classification hierarchy.
- Workers at this level lead the development of the reporting systems for project controls assignments.
- They perform complex aspects of individual project estimating, scheduling, change documentation and cost control while reporting up to program or portfolio level as well as trains and teaches other members of PC organization with minimal oversight and wide latitude for unreviewed work.
- They are also expected to have advanced skills and have the ability to work independently.
- This position typically is assigned to projects classified as Brown or "Black" per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix which typically range from $100M to greater than $500M with a high level of complexity.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university - business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years of project controls experience.
- Minimum of 11 years of project controls experience in lieu of a degree.
- Expert in project controls principles.
- Expertise / Mastery with project management / project controls concepts / computer applications / analytics; employee development; strong collaborative team member; oversight.
- Masters - business, finance, project management, or equivalent. PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Software such as MS Project/MS Office Suite, Primavera, Business Objects, Prolog, Passport, Visio, Powerplant, Emax, PeopleSoft. Risk management tools / Monte Carlo analysis.
- The Principal Project Controls Specialist may have relationships with individuals of varying levels in various organizations. Project teams of external Suppliers/Vendors.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.