Senior Project Controls - Scheduler
299 1st Ave N St Petersburg, FL 33701 US
- This is the expert level of the Project Controls classification hierarchy.
- Workers at this level lead the development of the reporting systems for project controls assignments.
- They perform complex aspects of individual scheduling, change documentation and cost control while reporting up to program or portfolio level as well as trains and teaches other members of PC organization with minimal oversight and wide latitude for unreviewed work.
- They are also expected to have advanced skills using primavera (p6) and have the ability to work independently.
- This position typically is assigned to high volume of White projects and above classified per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix which typically range from $100M to greater than $500M with a high level of complexity.
- Must have experience leading schedule review meetings and work with the project team to obtain information to build / update the project schedule.
- The Principal Project Controls Specialist may have interactions with individuals of varying levels of maturity in various organizations.
- Project teams of external Suppliers/Vendors.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university - business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years of project controls scheduling experience using primavera (P6).
- Minimum of 11 years of project controls scheduling experience using primavera (P6) in lieu of a degree.
- Expert in project controls principles.
- Expertise / Mastery with project management / project controls concepts / computer applications / analytics; employee development; strong collaborative team member; oversight.
- Masters - business, finance, project management, or equivalent. PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Demonstrated proficiency using Software such as MS Office Suite, Primavera, Business Objects, Prolog, Passport, Visio, Powerplant, Maximo, PeopleSoft. Risk management tools
- This role is for a Senior Project Scheduler who must have demonstrated hands on experience using primavera (p6) as the scheduling software.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.