Senior Project Controls
Cincinnati, OH 45202 US
- This position will serve on the Project Controls Estimating Team for the Customer Delivery organization interfacing with varying levels of Project Managers, Financial Analysts, Supply Chain, and Asset Management/Design, Project Controls Cost and Schedule resources.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure with a high volume of projects in various workstreams and organizational matrix spanning Customer Delivery Distribution, IT/Telecom, Communications, Distributed Energy, etc.
- Must have the ability to conduct complex analytics to assist teams in sufficiently driving out details around scope of work, monetized risk, cash flows, capital and O&M budgets, contingency, direct and indirect labor charges, accruals, overheads, allocations and earned value calculations for multiyear projects to meet required deadlines.
- Estimates are used as the approved baselines for the projects for which funding is based. Accuracy and completeness is critical for success.
- Must have strong technical skills and the ability to integrate large amounts of data from multiple databases.
- Must have very strong interpersonal skills organizational skills, computer skills, writing and communication skills, as well as strong problem-solving skills. Advanced level knowledge of EXCEL a must as most of the work performed is Excel based.
- Workers at this level are responsible for performing complex aspects of individual project estimating, scheduling, change documentation and cost control while reporting up to program or portfolio level with minimal supervision.
- Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently, with guidance limited to unusual or complex projects or issues.
- They are fully competent in use of project controls principles and procedures.
- They identify problems, develop solutions and take actions to resolve.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university - business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of project controls experience.
- Minimum of 9 years of project controls experience in lieu of a degree.
- Proficient in project controls principles.
- Proficiency expertise with project management, project controls concepts, computer applications, analytics; strong collaborative team member.
- Masters - business, finance, project management, or equivalent.
- PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Software such as MS Project MS Office Suite, Primavera, Business Objects, Prolog, Passport, Visio, Powerplant, Emax, PeopleSoft.
- Risk management tools Monte Carlo analysis.
- The Senior Project Controls Specialist may have relationships with individuals of varying levels in various organizations.
- Project teams of external Suppliers Vendors.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.