Senior Project Controls Specialist (Walnut Creek, CA)
2175 North California Boulevard Walnut Creek, CA 94596 US
The Senior Project Controls Specialist leads project controls processes and consults with the project management team to ensure client satisfaction. Presents schedule and budget status reports to project management team and client. Responsible for the development, implementation and management of a reporting data warehouse to produce valuable program controls reports and data for multiple large projects.
- Responsible for the development of effective scheduling reports, cost reports, cash flow reports and forecasts for multiple projects.
- Analyzes and evaluates schedule management involving the critical path method of scheduling techniques, estimating, project cost management, forecasting and document control.
- Provide leadership and training to team members ensuring the resolution of difficult project control issues.
- Responsible for engineering, procurement, and construction planning, scheduling, logistics and cost control.
- Responsible for Earned Value Management system reporting.
- Identify and oversee Risk management process.
- Interfaces with project management team and accounting department to review project costs and contingency costs and support external audits.
- Expert in negotiation of prima agreements, construction contracts/subcontracts and joint venture agreements.
- All other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Must have field experience in order to facilitate and produce detailed construction schedules and interface those construction schedules with engineering and procurement activities.
- A minimum of 8 years direct project controls experience. (IF candidate doesn't have the required Bachelor's degree, the minimum relevant experience is 12 years direct project controls).
- Prior experience with critical path scheduling, project cost management, estimating and document control required.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert user of Microsoft office, Oracle Primavera P6 project management software, and Earned Value Management system.
- May be required to obtain an OSHA 10 hour safety certification.
- Willingness to accept long term field assignments.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.