Senior Project Cost Analyst
299 1st Ave N St Petersburg, FL 33701 US
- This is the expert level of the Project Controls classification hierarchy. Workers at this level lead the development of the reporting systems for project controls assignments.Workers at this level are responsible for performing complex aspects of project forecasting, cost alignment to schedules, development of average unit costs, cost analysis, variance analysis, budgeting, basic accounting principles, trending and burn rates, change control and cost control while reporting up to program or portfolio level with minimal supervision.
- Workers are expected to have advanced skills and the ability to work independently, with guidance limited to unusual or complex projects or issues.
- This position must be fully competent in the application of project controls principles and procedures. They must be very familiar with financial and accounting principles in addition to project methodology.
- They identify problems, develop solutions and take actions to resolve. This position must be adept at picking up and using unfamiliar software and able to work with large and complex data files.
- Advanced to expert level of experience in Excel is required for this role.
- This position typically is assigned to projects classified as Green or "Brown" per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix, or may manage multiple smaller (i.e. White) projects.
- A proven ability to consistently forecast accurately and monetize risks while meeting tight deadlines is necessary for success in this role.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate in a matrix working environment and with multiple levels of leadership are critical for this individuals success.
- Experience working in a PMO environment, on a project controls team or in a project management working environment is required.
- Exposure to energy-related projects not required but a plus.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university - business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years of project controls experience.
- Minimum of 11 years of project controls experience in lieu of a degree.
- Proficient in project controls principles.
- Proficiency / Expertise with project management / project controls concepts / computer applications / analytics; strong collaborative team member.
- Masters - business, finance, project management, or equivalent.
- PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Demonstrated expertise in using Software such as MS Project/MS Office Suite, Primavera, Business Objects, Prolog, Passport, Visio, Access, Powerplant, Maximo or EAM, PeopleSoft. Risk management tools / Monte Carlo analysis.
- Expert in user of Excel
- Prior Utility experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.