Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager
505 E Huntland Dr Ste 250 Austin, TX 78752 US
We are a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. We serve a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager for our growing Civil Engineering Services team in Austin, Texas. The ideal candidate will have experience in planning, designing, and overseeing civil engineering projects including design of drainage facilities, site grading, potable water distribution, and sanitary sewer utilities construction, and project management initiatives within either municipality, land development, state or grant funded projects, roadway, stormwater management, and/or utility design. This position has the unique ability to partner with and lead some of the best engineers, project managers, and other technical staff in the industry.
- Ability to oversee the execution using engineering best practices on a wide variety of projects for a wide variety of clients, adapting to new environments quickly. Multi-tasking is a must within this environment.
- Be involved and understand in all project aspects including design/study development, construction management, project management, RFI's/RFPs/Submittals, pay requests, and client meetings.
- Direct and oversee project leads and other technical staff with construction management tasks such as material submittal reviews, build reviews, and coordination with Contractors and clients.
- Direct and oversee project leads and other technical staff in the production of project plans, specifications, scheduling, budgeting, technical memoranda, and cost estimates. Includes getting acceptance from all approval agencies and the client.
- Conduct site visits, inspections, and assist with client development and technical completeness, for infrastructure projects with staff.
- Ability to recruit, hire, mentor and manage staff for their development needs including full office financial accountability.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, cities/clients, and other public agencies. This will include business development with existing clients and new.
- Ability to coordinate, schedule, and oversee multiple staff members with varying degrees of experience and technical abilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Texas PE is required.
- 8 - 12 years of related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible, well organized, accountable, and dependable.
- Physically able to perform work in the field.
- Experience using computer assisted engineering and design software to prepare engineering and design documents (examples include software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, and GIS).
- Experience with projects involving Texas municipalities and regulatory agencies.
- MS in Civil Engineering is a Plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.