Senior Project Manager - K-12
1850 West 15th St. Indianapolis, IN 46202 US
With offices in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Ohio, Our client is a national general contracting and construction management firm that primarily serves the private sector. Our client provides clients the experience and resources of a national company, combined with the hands-on approach of a local company.
Our client is a general contracting and construction management firm that has served the non-residential, private, and government sectors since 1927. Our project management and field supervisors are dedicated to serving the unique needs of every customer, with a strong focus on building relationships that endure throughout the generations. Our expertise is recognized throughout the Midwest. With offices in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Wisconsin, Our client ranks as the third largest contractor in the Midwest and the nation's 64th largest contractor, and 6th largest contractor in the Midwest (ENR Magazine). Our client offers our employees the personal touch and stability of a 95-year-old family-owned and operated company. Our employees are a critical part of our success, and we employ the highest caliber of people in the industry. We value the contributions of our employees and are committed to a culture of continuous learning, improvement, and innovation.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager with significant experience in local K-12 projects. This position provides a growth opportunity to estimate, bid, and lead k-12 market projects, while mentoring our junior level staff. Excellent opportunity to play a key role in expanding footprint in the k-12 market sector.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the overall safety, quality, direction, completion, and financial outcome of construction projects from initial budget through project closeout. Exemplary safety, relationship building, quality, and leadership skills are a requirement.
- Work with Preconstruction team to scope, estimate and buyout projects
- Work with Field Supervision and Project Management to establish operation priorities and ensure safety and quality on every project
- Ensure customer satisfaction by identifying and exceeding client needs
- Estimate, value engineer and develop project budgets
- Facilitate the subcontractor bid process to include processing, distribution and tracking of all project bidding documentation
- Utilize software programs and templates to process, distribute and track all project documentation
- Negotiate subcontractor and material buyout; develop and negotiate subcontracts
- Plan and schedule projects
- Manage jobs in progress including subcontractor coordination, conflict resolution, documentation and ensuring quality and safety on every job
- Mange project costs through the ongoing evaluation of labor, material, and equipment; continue to forecast and analyze construction costs, exposures, and profits through project completion
- Perform project closeout
- Capable of managing projects $20+ million in size
- Interact with clients and potential clients to identify and pursue potential work
- Prepare and participate in client presentations and project interviews
- Negotiate and secure new business
- Provide leadership through building relationships, motivating others, providing clear direction, and cooperative teamwork
- Supervise/mentor project management staff
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Provide training and serve as a mentor to less experienced personnel
- B.S. in Construction Engineering or related technical area preferred.
- Experience in markets in which our client serves, higher education preferred.
- Minimum 8 years' experience
- Extensive network of relationships in the higher education market
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Work from the Indianapolis office
Please note: Our client does not sponsor work visas.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.